YEAR 7 2014 ENROLMENTS
The Principal will be shortly interviewing students who wish to attend the College as Year 7 students in 2014. If you have not yet lodged your application, please download the Application for Admission form (see Admission Forms tab above) and return this to the College with the supporting paperwork (as listed above) and the $50 non-refundable application fee.
If you have already lodged an application for 2014 but have not forwarded all the documentation requested above, please do so as soon as possible, together with the latest school report for your child.
In making the decision to apply for admission at Kolbe Catholic College, we ask that parents consider their responsibility in entering a contract with the College to work in partnership to realise those aims and ideals of a Catholic Christian education.
At the discretion of the Principal, the following criteria are used to select those students for whom an offer of enrolment will be made:
- Catholic students from Catholic Primary School with a Parish Priest reference
- Catholic students from non-Catholic Primary Schools with a Parish Priest reference
- Other Catholic students from Catholic Primary Schools
- Other Catholic students from non-Catholic Primary Schools
- Students with siblings currently enrolled and whose families are supportive of the College
- Non-Catholic students from Catholic Primary Schools
- Non-Catholic students of other Christian denominations whose families are active members of their particular Church Community
- Students whose families indicate a genuine support of Christian principles, and who are prepared to accept and give positive support to the Christian ethos of the College
- Students whose families signal their interest and intention by lodging an early Application with the College
Every effort will be made to accept sons and daughters of ex-students of the College, given the guiding principles of the Enrolment Policy.
Fundamental to Enrolment is:
- A student who is keen to maximise the opportunities offered
- A family who is keen to support the policies and the ethos of the school in the education of their child
Enrolments are dependant upon vacancies and the following conditions:
- Families complete an Application for Enrolment Form and provide this and a reference from a Parish Priest to the College
- Due dates for Applications, particularly for Year 7 entry, are adhered to
- Acceptance and participation in the Religious Education lessons and the religious practices of the College
- Agreement to participate in the parent funded 1:1 laptop program for Years 7 to 9
- Student and parents attend an interview with the Principal or her delegate
- The signature of parents on the Admission Form is taken as acceptance of school policies, such as payment of fees, school regulations, parental involvement, and students meeting attendance and academic requirements of the College
- Payment of the Admission Fee
The College applies the policies laid down by the Catholic Education Office with regard to students with disabilities, the gifted and talented and indigenous Australians.
It is a condition of enrolment that one full term’s notice should be given in writing to the Principal by the parent/guardian, prior to the withdrawal of a student. In default of such notice, one quarter of the annual fee (one term’s fee) will be payable.
Withdrawal of a newly enrolled student prior to their commencement will incur an administration fee of $100.
In order to apply for admission to Kolbe Catholic College, please complete the Application for Admission Form on this website or contact Mrs Nita Beaumont, PA to the Principal, on (08) 9591 4205 for an application package.
Applications may be lodged at any time, but making early applications increase the likelihood of securing a place. In order to secure your Application for Admission, you are asked to submit, at your earliest convenience, your Application Form, a non-refundable Administration Fee of $50 and a photocopy of your child’s:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptism Certificate (include documentation of further sacraments, if applicable)
- Most recent School Reports
- Completed form from the family’s Parish Priest/Reverend
- Most recent School Reports, and other supporting documentation, must be included with your Application for Admission Form.
The Administration fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee enrolment. You may also include further information in support of this application, such as special interests, achievements, awards and references. The Enrolment Policy does allow preference to be given to children of families who are able to demonstrate an active association with a Church in their Parish.