At Kolbe Catholic College we make a commitment to developing the whole person. To develop the academic progress of our students we challenge them to maximise their potential and empower academically gifted students to perform at their highest level. We challenge student by engaging them in higher-order classroom learning, extra-curricular activities and a range of Talented and Gifted Programs.
Differentiation of the curriculum is evident at the classroom level where appropriate challenges are available for all students. Curriculum has been adapted in content, process and product to provide developmentally appropriate opportunities for our students.
A range of specific programs are offered to develop the gifts of our students. These include:
- Prometheus Club – maximising your ATAR
- The University of Western Australia’s Outer Metropolitan Pilot Program for Medicine and Dentistry
- The Tournament of the Minds
- Physical Science and Mathematics Extension program.
- Snap Squad (Media and Information Technology)
- KolbeCon – Annual ICT Gaming Day
These programs are supported by a variety of extra-curricular activities, which extends students knowledge and skills in a variety of disciplines. This has included:
- CALM Bushrangers Cadet unit
- Australian Youth Dance Festival
- Australian Gifted and Talented Students Conference
- The United Nations Hammarsjkold Trophy Competition
- EV Challenge
- Sir Francis Burt Mock Trials Competition