EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR ENROLMENT
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
The conditions for admission are that the student abides by the College rules, participates in College activities and embraces the educational programs offered by Kolbe Catholic College including the Religious Education Program.
Applications may be lodged at any time but making an early application increases the likelihood of securing a place.
The College is often not able to accept all students for whom application is made, and the
following criteria are used to select those students to whom an Offer is made:
- Catholic students from Catholic schools with a Parish Priest reference
- Catholic students from non-Catholic schools with a Parish Priest reference
- Other Catholic students from Catholic schools
- Other Catholic students from non-Catholic schools
Siblings of non-Catholic students
- Non-Catholic students from Catholic Schools
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations
- Other non-Catholic students
Please note that a lodgement of an ‘Expression of Interest for Enrolment’ does not guarantee
an enrolment interview.
A Registration Fee is to accompany this Expression of Interest for Enrolment Form. Please check the current Fees and Charges brochure for the Registration Fee. This fee is not refundable.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS / ENTRY YEAR
Notification of change of address or cancellation of an application must be made to the College in writing. If a parent wishes to change an application to an earlier or later year, this must be done in writing. Every consideration will be given to the request, but it is important that the year for which admission is sought in the first place should be thought out as carefully as possible before an application is made. Other commitments may make it impossible to arrange a change to an earlier or later year.
A prospective student will be put on the College waiting list upon completion and return of this Expression of Interest for Enrolment Form, along with the Registration Fee and photocopies of the prospective Student’s Birth and Baptism Certificate. If the prospective Student was not born in Australia, please provide proof of their Australian Citizenship, Residency or Visa details.
Siblings do not automatically gain entry to the College. This procedure must be followed for each student in the family wishing to secure a place.
Approximately 2 years prior to the date of entry, parents, in accordance with the enrolment criteria, will be contacted by the College to make arrangements for an interview. Following satisfactory interview, an Offer of Enrolment will be sent. The return of a signed Offer with the Enrolment Fee, the Enrolment Form and Medical Form represents acceptance of a place.
COLLECTION NOTICE POLICY
- Kolbe Catholic College (the Diocese both independently and through its schools) collects personal information, including sensitive information about pupils and parents or guardians before and during the course of a pupil’s enrolment at the College. This may be in writing or in the course of conversations. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the College to provide schooling to the student and to enable them to take part in all the activities of the College. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the College’s legal obligations, particularly to enable the College to discharge its duty of care.
- Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of schools require that certain information is collected. These include Public health, School education Act 1999 and Child Protection laws, including The Children and Community Services Act 2004.
- Health information about students is sensitive information within the terms of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about students from time to time.
- If we do not obtain the information referred to above we may not be able to enrol or continue the enrolment of your son/daughter.
- Kolbe Catholic College from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes. This includes to other schools, government departments, government agencies, statutory boards, Catholic Education Western Australia, the Catholic Education Commission, your local diocese and the parish and/or schools within other Catholic Dioceses. Information is also disclosed to government authorities such as the School’s Curriculum and Standards Authority the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA), medical practitioners and people providing services to the College, including specialist visiting teachers, [sports] coaches, volunteers and counsellors.
- In addition to the agencies and purposes cited above personal information relating to students and parents may also be made available, in accordance with Australian Government requirements, to ACARA for the purpose of publishing certain aggregated school information relating to the circumstances of parents and students on the MySchool website.
- Kolbe Catholic College may store personal information on servers located outside of Australia. All due diligence is taken in the selection of such overseas services. Any data stored overseas remains the property of Kolbe Catholic College and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Personal information collected from pupils is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians.
- Parents may seek access to personal information collected about them and their son/daughter by contacting Kolbe Catholic College. Pupils may also seek access to personal information about them. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where access may result in a breach of the College’s duty of care to the pupil, or where pupils have provided information in confidence.
- As you may know Kolbe Catholic College from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the College’s fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, pupil activities and similar news is published, in both hard and digital copy, in College newsletters, magazines, on social medial and on our website. Photographs of students may be taken for publication in College newsletters and magazines and on our website / portals.
- We may include your contact details in a class list and College directory.
- If you provide Kolbe Catholic College with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the College and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the College does not usually disclose the information to third parties.
- We may include students and students’ parents contact details in a class list and College directory for staff use only.