Student wellbeing is a broad term that encompasses a student’s physical, emotional, mental and social state. Factors that can impact wellbeing include:
- A sense of belonging.
- Having supportive relationships.
- A sense of meaning and purpose.
- Being engaged in activities that they see as important.
It is therefore no surprise that there is strong evidence that being involved in extracurricular activities can increase a student’s sense of wellbeing. The benefits are plentiful. They include:
- Improved connection to the school community, motivation, and academic achievement.
- A boost in self-esteem, optimism and resilience.
- The development of important transferable skills that include communication, teamwork, problem solving and time management.
With Term 1 now well underway we are seeing our extracurricular program come back to life. With so many obvious benefits of getting involved in the extracurricular life at Kolbe, we encourage students to step forward to participate in one of the many activities and programs on offer. Alternatively, if there is an activity you would like to be involved in but don’t see it on offer, please speak with your student leaders, or one of our wellbeing team to see if we can get it up and running.
Find a full list of our Extracurriculars HERE